Why choose hyaluronic acid?
Would you like to maintain your youthful glow in a way that looks completely natural? It’s possible! With the constant developments in anti-aging medicine, a plethora of non-invasive techniques are now available to you. As a result, surgical facelifts are no longer a necessity when you want to treat yourself to a rejuvenating treatment that will take 5 or 10 years off your appearance.
When it comes to treatments that are recognized for their effectiveness, hyaluronic acid (HA) injections are at the top of the list. This completely safe method assures you of truly natural-looking results, restoring the smooth, youthful luster of your skin.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a substance that occurs naturally in the human body. While it’s present in various organic tissues and liquids (including the synovial fluid found in the joints), the highest concentrations are contained in the skin. Essential for helping the layers of skin maintain their structure, this acid nourishes and hydrates the collagen, which is what gives the skin its firmness.
Unfortunately, the body’s natural HA production begins to drop off around the age of 25 at a rate of one to two percent per year, leading to a loss of elasticity, a lack of radiance and the onset of wrinkles.
A treatment of choice for conserving your youth
The good news is that, today, aesthetic medicine can successfully use this natural substance to reverse the effects of aging. Unlike Botox, which works by relaxing the muscles of the face, HA is used as a dermal filler. By restoring volume, it renews the skin’s firmness and elasticity, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
A new-generation treatment, HA contains no ingredients of animal origin. What’s more, since it’s a natural substance that’s already present in the body, no allergy testing is necessary before the treatment is administered.
What are the primary benefits of hyaluronic acid?
There are many. Here are just a few of the reasons why you may want to opt for HA as your anti-aging treatment of choice:
- It offers intense hydration. This natural acid works like a sponge. When it combines with the water in the skin, it fills in the spaces between the cells. The molecules can attract and hold up to a thousand times their weight in water, assuring you of optimal hydration!
- It’s safe and natural. The injectable gel is synthesized from cultures of micro-organisms that produce the HA molecule. Once injected, the gel mixes naturally with the acid already present in the skin, thereby eliminating any risk of rejection or allergic reaction. After a certain amount of time, it is reabsorbed on its own.
- It plays an essential role in healing wounds to the skin.
- It provides protection from UV rays, thanks to its antioxidant properties.
- It offers impressive natural-looking results. Since the gel is extremely malleable, it can be precisely dosed (to the nearest tenth of a milliliter!) so that it molds perfectly to the morphology of the face.
- It’s a pain-free treatment. An anesthetic gel is generally applied before the procedure to ensure the patient’s comfort. With the skin numbed, you won’t feel a thing!
Hyaluronic acid applications
Here are some of the things you can accomplish with HA injections:
- Enhance the beauty of your face by smoothing the lines and wrinkles on either side of the nose and around the mouth, while diminishing the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.
- Compensate for volume loss in the temples, cheekbones, chin and cheeks.
- Remodel the contour of your lips, thanks to the volumizing effect, making them appear fuller and more symmetrical, while ensuring optimal hydration.
- Fill in scars.
- Fill in the fold of your chin or correct its weak appearance.
- Redefine your jaw.
Preserve your pretty face…risk-free!
For a gentle, natural rejuvenating treatment with immediate visible results, contact the professionals at Clinique Jean Gilbert. They’ll be more than happy to provide you with the expert beauty advice you need!